With an E-ZPass® transponder in your vehicle, you can simply drive through the marked toll zone area and the electronic toll collection system will automatically bill your pre-paid account.
Pocahontas Parkway was the first road in Virginia to let motorists drive through E-ZPass® lanes at highway speeds. Our customers drive at the posted highway speeds and the system automatically reads the E-ZPass® transponder. It’s smart technology that made highway-speed toll collection possible in Virginia for the first time.
Pocahontas Parkway also was the first road in Virginia to feature an open design for its E-ZPass® lanes, created to accommodate highway-speed toll collection. With only a wire-frame trellis overhead, these E- ZPass® toll plazas are so open that they hardly feel like toll plazas at all.
E-ZPass® users can travel seamlessly throughout toll roads in Virginia and more than a dozen other states. If you don’t have an E-ZPass®, visit the E-ZPass® Virginia website.
Where to pick up an E-ZPass®
You have your pick of retail locations where you can get an E-ZPass®. Some of the most popular spots include:
- Virginia DMVs
- Pocahontas Parkway Offices (just next to the Mainplaza or the road).
- AAA Mid-Atlantic locations
- Select Wegmans locations
- Select Giant Food Stores
In Virginia, you can also call 877-762-7824 or visit your nearest E-ZPass® Service Center to get an E-ZPass®.
E-ZPass® requirements checklist
To get an E-ZPass®, you’ll need your:
- Driver’s license number
- License plate number
- Credit card information
Before riding with E-ZPass® on the Parkway
- Make sure your E-ZPass® is correctly mounted
- Confirm your E-ZPass® account is linked to your license plate
- Make sure your E-ZPass® can be read through the windshield
- Double check that your E-ZPass® account has enough funds to cover your trip. You can
even set up your account with auto replenishment so you don’t need to worry about your balance
- Ensure your address is updated and correct with the DMV