Benefits for Customers
Drivers on Pocahontas 895 can:
- Save time - as much as 30 minutes on a round-trip area travel
- Save wear and tear on vehicles - thanks to the smooth, open lanes
- Save money - by using a shorter route and less gas
Pocahontas 895 provides many benefits to customers and the local region, including:
- Pocahontas 895 offers the only crossing of the James River for six miles in either direction, connecting commuters and businesses east and west of the James River.
- Provides a safe driving experience through its well-maintained roads, even during harsh weather conditions.
- Offers express lanes for customers with E-ZPass™ transponders; drivers can travel at normal highway speeds without slowing down to pay your toll. The E-ZPass™ transponder automatically bills your pre-paid toll account.
- Provides easy access to the growing Richmond International Airport
- Enabling future growth of the capital region by serving growing commercial and residential development.
- Getting more cars off congested area highways